My Blog List

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Betty Does The Oscars















My crazy 65 year old mother watched some of my movie screeners before Oscar night and we chatted about them. Here's a recap.

BIRDMAN: "I turned it off after a half hour. Is the whole thing just acting? If all they are gonna do is act onstage i'm bored. Something else better happen or i'm not finishing it."

THE JUDGE: "I just watched The Judge with that Jr Downey. damn. That was a goooood movie. I bawled my eyes out. That needs to win all the acting awards ever. That was such a gut wrenching movie. That writer sure as hell knows what they are doing, it was to good it must have been based on real life." 

AMERICAN SNIPER:
"Is that the one with Wesley Snipes?"

BOYHOOD: "That was the boringesst thing i've ever seen. I'm still bored. I don't even know why that was a movie." ME: "You know that it was the first movie to be filmed in real time over 12 years right? That's why it's a big deal." Mom: "No I didn't know about that. I knew though that it was the same kid the whole time I just didn't know how."

CAKE: "I didn't like that movie. I still can't figure out what happened to her face, all they showed was a flashback of her going over the bridge in the car."

THE IMITATION GAME: "It was ok but it would have been better without all the machine stuff. I don't know what they were doing with those."

THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING: "Was that the one with the guy and the girl? I liked it, it was good. It's so sad when people get Alzheimer's like that." 

SELMA: "Is that the one where Oprah is purple? I probably won't see that one, but I feel like I did after watching all the protests on the news this year" 


THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL: "I didn't get it."



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing